Systematic reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy
The methods and processes for systematically reviewing a diagnostic tests are new within Cochrane and are still being rolled out across the collaboration. The UGPD group is already supporting the development of several reviews of diagnostic tests and we are unable to take on any additional DTA topics at the moment.
Systematic reviews of Interventions
Due to capacity issues, we are accepting a very few number (<5) of new title registrations per year. You are welcome to contact the group if you are interested in authoring a topic of your choice but please bear in mind we are only likely to accept topics which are clinically important and have not already been covered in another review.
However, there are some review titles we are actively seeking author teams for. Experienced review teams are being sought for the following review titles. Please contact the group if you are interested in authoring one of the following topics.
- Endoscopic therapy in the management of gastrointstinal angiodysplasia
- Gastric mucosal protective agents combined with Helicobacter pylori eradication regimens for peptic ulcer disease. We are seeking a review team with substantial experience in systematic review methods and clinical medicine as this topic is known to contain many studies with clinically irrelevant outcomes. As many of the studies which will feed into this review are published in Chinese and Japanese, we are seeking author teams which include at least one review group author who can read each language.
- PI therapy to prevent uncomplicated peptic ulcer disease
- Radiologically placed gastrostomies versus nasogastric tube feeding for swallowing disturbances
- Rigid versus flexible endoscopy for management of oesophageal food bolus obstruction
The group has identified one priority topic at the moment (Fluid therapy protocols in people with acute pancreatitis), that is being developed by a review team and not open to new authors.